Friday, May 7, 2010

Year in Review

Well Iknow that I haven't been 0n here since this time last year. I just wanted to give everyone a little peek into what has been going on in my world since last year.

First off, I got a job in Huntsville back April 2009. I was a contract employee with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Yea....not as cool as it sounds. I was basically doing grunt work that no one wanted to do. I did meet some pretty fun people and made some good connections and friends but the work load was just off. I then quit a year later.

Secondly, I rented a house after 2 months of being in Huntsville and having a job. Needless to say that I LOVED my house. I loved my roomies and I couldn't have been happier! Klar and Lauren and I had a lot of fun together. Klar and I worked together in TDCJ and Lauren is a teacher for Huntsville ISD.

The last thing is that I am getting my teaching certificate. I am almost ready to sign a contract if offered one. I only have to complete my observation hours and then I am good to go!!!! I went through a program with ACT Houston. I have been so blessed by them and I have realized that my Mom was right when she said that I never should have changed my major in the first place. I am glad I did because if I didn't I woudn't have been able to be a part of ACT. Such a neat and well done program. I would recommend it to anyone looking to teach!!!! So now I am once again, on the j0b hunt and am a little nervous about it all.

Hope this message finds everyone well and Happy M0ther's Day to all of the moms out there!!!

Much love and warmest wishes to all!

Elke

No comments: