Saturday, May 9, 2009

6 months

Well this has been the craziest 6 months ever. I say that and it sounds just rotten, but I have had more ups and downs then a roller coaster. Alot of major changes have happened in my life that I never really expected to happen....at least right now. So I feel the need to sit back and remember everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. So as Julie Andrews said in The Sound of Music, "Lets start at the very beginning. A very good place to start."

November was probably the worst. Today marks the 6 months of when my Daddy passed on to bigger and better places. This is something that I would never wish on anyone. I knew it was gonna happen at some point but it the question still remains as to why it was supposed to happen now and not when he was old and grey? Well I hope to find the answer sometime but while Mom and I are still picking up the pieces and trying to rebuild what we have left of the family time marches on.

December came and went in a blur of hectic colors and family. The best thing that had happened was that I graduated from Sam Houston State! Woo Hoo!!!! I get a pretty piece of paper that cost a few thousands of dollars and countless sleepless nights. So began the long jouney of fighting off the crummy economy and attempting to enter the workforce. Christmas came and went with some interesting memories and good laughs.

With the tree down and the packages put away, January and Feburary were rather uneventful. Went on interviews and just enjoyed being at home for a while with Momma. That is something that I had missed a lot. Being a little girl again and being able to just hang out with her and to do things that I could not have done while she was working or while I was in school.

March came and went with only a few events. My aunt and uncle's house burned to the ground around the middle of the month and thank God that no human was lost. The only deaths that were counted were 5 birds and 1 dog and a cat. I know that the Lord was looking out for them during that time and that my cousin was not hurt in anyway trying to get the dogs out of the house.

April has sprung with its rain and sunshine. Started a new job have had a wonderful time learning all that I can about it. Working for TDCJ has been a real interesting place to work. The people have been sweet and have been supportive and are willing to see us move on to bigger better positions.

So now it is May and we shall see what it will bring. I know that this month will bring bigger and better happenings. The only things that have remaned consistant are my friends, my family and JC. I could not have done anything or made it this far without them. JC has been my rock when I have needed a shoulder to cry on and to lean on with times have been tough.

Hope everyonehas a fantastic May and a wonderful weekend.

Until our paths cross again!

Elke

No comments: