Monday, March 23, 2009

Greatest Night Ever!!!!!!!

Ok so this has been long over due. Well not too long but none the less. I will have to say it has been about 2 weeks. Anyway, I went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo on opening day to see Rascal Flatts. For those that know me really well know that I am the biggest Flatts fan EVER!!!! I am what my Mom would consider to be a "groupie" but that is neither here nor there.

A couple of years ago Rascal Flatts were scheduled to come to the Rodeo and the day of the show Gary the lead singer got sick and lost his voice!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!! Needless to say that my mood fit the weather. It was rainy, cold and just plain ol' nasty. Typical Texas weather. To make matters about a million times worse, I had a meet and greet pass to actually have my picture with them!!!! So of course my lit
tle heart was just shattered into a thousand pieces.

Rascal Flatts came again the next year and of course I went..only this time by myself which was ok but I splurged and bought Action seats. Yall, I just have to say that the seats were right on the dirt of the stadium. I was so close to the cowboys that I could nearly reach out and touch them. Fantastic night! So this year when they came back, I again went by myself and bought the action seats. I again this year decided that I would try again for meet and greet and I got it!!!! I was so excited that I actually got to meet them.

What an incredible bunch of guys!!! They were so sweet and just so real! Standing in line I was talking to some girls that were in front of me and we started to talk to them before it was our turn to have our picture taken. I thought that I would not be able to speak but I have to say that even though my heart was beating a mile a minuet I was relatively calm! Anyway, here is the picture that the Flatts Dog Pound Roadie took!!!!



More pictures will come later of some of the concert and of me and the Rodeo's mascot Howdy!!!

Until our paths cross again,

Elke

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Elke, glad see you're doing well. Thanks for the comment. I am adding you to my blog. What are you doing these days?

Lindsee Lou said...

Elke, welcome back to blogging. I just got all caught up with you and I am so sorry about your Dad! I don't really know what to say. However, I am so glad you got to meet Rascal Flatts. I do love them, too. Hope you are well!